Wednesday, August 9

A Creature of Habits

Unless I have a doctor's appointment, I am unusually not awake and out of the bed until just before 9am.  

How can I be so precise? 

The first thing I do is pee, then make the bed, then take my thyroid pill, turn on the TV to FOX News, then make myself a cup of coffee.

I use McCafe coffee pods in my Keurig coffee pot, selecting the 12 oz amount, then add 3 spoonful's of sugar free cappuccino mix.

When I get back to my chair in the living room Bill Hemmer has just started so I know it is right around 9am.

I watch FOX News until 11am...  then I take the 9 pills that I am supposed to take for my cancer and my heart to keep everything balanced.

If there is anything to do around the house or outside, I typically do it then except for mowing the yard.  I wait until 7pm to do that.

My chores last a couple of hours and I make myself my first meal of the day.  Sometimes, it is a breakfast and sometimes it is a carton of something that I made a day or two ago.

If I have breakfast, it is usually a protein bar or a frozen waffle that I heat up in the microwave for 30 seconds and put strawberry on.

The afternoon is always set aside for either writing on my novel or taking a nap.  Before we moved house locations, I would have worked on my novel, but since we moved my novel interest is not there so I take a nap.

After my nap, I will either watch two episodes of a series I have been watching like Yellowstone, 1883, or a BBC detective show.  I have found that BBC series are better than American series.

After my nap and TV watching, I will usually make something for dinner that will last for 2-3 nights and then work on my blog.

If I take any kind of break while working on my blogs, it is usually to play solitaire or spades on my phone.

The last thing that I do before retiring to bed for the night is wash the dishes I used during the day and heat a cup of water.  This time the cup will contain only 10 oz. to which I add 6 heaping spoons of sugar free cappuccino mix.

Since there is no caffeine, the warm liquid helps me to fall asleep rather quickly each night.

There is always time during midday when I am doing something outside to talk with the neighbors if they are out and about.

Sometimes, I will go grocery shopping with my wife and every once in a while, we will do this shopping around 3pm and have an early dinner.

If we go out to breakfast, it is usually on Sunday morning to either IHOP for scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles or the PERKINS for an omelet, breakfast potatoes, and pancakes.

If PERKINS is the choice, I bring half the omelet and breakfast potatoes homes along with the 3 pancakes to eat other mornings.

I will heat up the pancakes and put peanut butter or jelly on them, but never both at the same time, although I am not sure why I don't do this.

This is pretty much my retired routine and as you can see, I am a creature of habit.  There is NOTHING that I feel like I am missing with my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment