Sunday, August 27

Sunday Afternoon

 It was not my intention to sleep late, but sleep late I did, waking up at 9:30 am when I usually awake at 7:30 am...  most of the time.  Last night was an odd night as not only did I sweat more than normal causing me to sleep in a bathrobe because the sheet was soaking wet, but I got up a half dozen times to pee...  typically, I pee only 2-3 times each night.


I had a half a cup of cappuccino mix in water before going to bed but even that does not cause me to pee that much.  While it is odd, I was able to fall asleep quickly after getting back in bed.


FOX News was more of the same just a different day and I am getting tired of hearing all about Trump's legal issues and the corruption and influence peddling of the Biden family.  I can just imagine what the rest of the world thinks about us as a nation...  our image has been tarnished dramatically...  almost as if it were part of some wild Hollywood movie plot.


I have two of our three cats sitting on the couch with me while the third one is outside on the deck with my wife...  or at least was, the last time I looked.  Both of the cats with me are sleeping and it seems that is all they do these days except chase each other up and down the hallway at night.


These two cats with me are PALS...  when I was in Kentucky with the young Siamese, he was anti-social and hide from me unless I was sleeping, then I could feel him walking across my back.  We decided to bring our other cat over to where I was to see if that cat could change the Siamese's behavior and attitude.  IT WORKED...  and these two are constantly together.

  

The Siamese is more dependent on upon the yellow cat than the yellow cat is dependent upon the Siamese.  With that said, the Siamese is named Piper and the yellow cat is named Chazy.  I named the Siamese, my wife named the yellow cat.  Our other yellow cat, a few months younger is named Tippy, also my wife's idea and he is really her cat.


Watching the cats sleep makes me feel sleepy although I know that there is no way that I should feel sleepy after sleeping as long as I did.


Sundays are typically lazy days for us, especially after moving to this new location.  Most of the moved items have been put away into their new proper place.  What did not find a place was given away or thrown away.  We don't miss anything...


We have a few more items to change but it will be a while before we do anything.  We need to find a way to heat and cool the sunroom so it can be habitable all year long.  We need to upgrade the cabinets in the kitchen and install a new walk-in shower.  Everything else has been more than acceptable.


In the past we have spent Sundays going to brunch, visiting friends and family, watching movies on a DVD or my wife would read while I would write.  As time passes, our habits have changed, and we mainly stay at home with my wife in one area and me in another area.  It is not like we don't want to be around each other; it is we have different interests and don't want those interests (sounds mainly) to bother the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment