Saturday, August 26

My Adventure Into the ARTS

 Reflections: White Scorpion: My Art (reflectionsinthoughts.blogspot.com)


The above link, will take you to a page on my poetry blog where I have posted some of my artwork.  Most of my art is done with acrylics and not oils and I cannot remember why I made that choice.  


I am self-taught except for a class I had in charcoal drawing of still life.  Charcoal is messy but there is a lot you can do with charcoal that you cannot do with acrylics, oils, or watercolors.


I was going to pursue art more, but life got in the way of those plans.  But, in addition to oils, acrylics, and watercolors, I wanted to explore sculpture, throwing clay, printmaking, and photography.


For 8 years, I was Executive Director of an Arts Council that promoted every aspect of the arts that you can imagine.  Adult theater, children's theater, outdoor drama group, arts and crafts guilds like included weaving and jewelry making, a community band, street festivals, art auctions, artist is schools, traveling art exhibits, and a gallery that had a different artist featured each month.


I don't consider myself an artist nor do I consider myself a novelist, but I have almost finished 10 novels each of which is over 100,000 words.


I like the works of traditional artists most of the time because of their realism...  but, modern art has an attraction for me as well.  I don't like the modern artist that cuts holes in buckets, then fills them with paint and swings them back and for over a canvas.  However, Picasso's work is also considered modern and much of his work is fantastic.


If you have not have a chance to view the work of BOB ROSS...  then you should do a google search and find him.  He is dead now, but he mastered the wet on wet technique and his paintings are quite skillfully done.


Lastly, I have gotten into doodling with a pen, not a pencil and have hundreds of them in files.  Below, you will find a few of my doodles that I sent to a friend of mine in Canada.









No comments:

Post a Comment