Saturday, August 26

On My Back Porch

It is 9:15 am on a Saturday and I am sitting out on my back porch, in a cushioned chair, under an umbrella, looking out at my back yard and all the trees that separate me from my neighbors.


My Siamese cat of 10 years is sitting on the steps looking at the back yard as well...  not sure what he is imagining other than it being nice to be able to be outside as opposed to being inside.


Perhaps Piper is looking for birds or squirrels, or chipmunks that have been visiting previously.  Who knows...  I am surprised that he is out in this humidity because none of our three cats like the humidity...  they like the heat and direct sunlight but not the humidity.


Most of the direct sunlight this morning is being hidden by clouds as there is a good possibility of rain today.  However, if it is like other August days, the humidity will remain most of the daylight hours and it will rain early evening.


There is very little sound out here on my back deck coming from the other houses or from a main 4 lane highway two blocks away.  Sometimes, a bird squawks but then goes silent.  The grass is too wet to mow since it rained last night, and I am reminded that two corners of our gutters are still leaking.


I am also seeing my wooded area between neighbors in need of a trim as soon as Fall arrives.    Whenever I am using the riding lawn mower, I have to bend over during my first pass by those trees and bushes.  It is a task that might take me an hour and if my wife helps even less.


Our back deck was poorly sized so one of the first things that we did was square it up and widen the stairs going down.  Instead of using decking wood, the previous owner had used 2X6's as flooring so we had to keep with the same format.  The squaring, even though it may have extended the deck out 12-18 inches has made its overall appearance look bigger.   It will have to be stained in the spring.


There are two small trees in the backyard to the left of the deck and I am not sure why they were put there as they are a pain to mow around with the riding lawn mower.  I am thinking that I will also cut them down before our next mowing season begins.


Before writing this post, I watched FOX News via my laptop (we have a ROKU and HULU but no cable) and was fed up listening to all the BS about what the Dems are doing to the GOP and their supporters, including their anti-Trump campaign.  I wasn't planning on voting for Trump in 2024, but now I am just to say FY to the Dem Party.


They are in the process of destroying USA democracy and the billionaire SOROS is helping them with his money.  It is very odd that he is doing that because he is trying to destroy the very system that made him a billionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment