Saturday, August 26

Up Early in East TN

Yesterday I received my monthly infusion of IVIG...


Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) is a pooled antibody, and a biological agent used to manage various immunodeficiency states and a plethora of other conditions, including autoimmune, infectious, and inflammatory states.

In my particular case, after over 14 years of chemo, radiation, and immunotherapy, my immune system has been defeated and in order boost my immune system IVIG is necessary or so my Oncologist believes.

With IVIG infusions, I received premeds, Benadryl and a steroid to prevent nausea.  The steroid keeps me from sleeping that night, so I take two Benadryl tablets (not as powerful as the infusion) to fall asleep.

Sometimes, the Benadryl tablets don't work and I am up until 2-3 am before I can fall asleep.  This was the case last night, but when I finally did fall asleep I slept without awakening.  

This morning I awoke at 6:30 am and felt completely rested, just like I had slept 8 hours of unmolested sleep.  GO FIGURE???

Regardless of what has happened, I feel better this morning than I have felt in the last several months.

On the other side of the coin, the Calquence that I am taking for my growing lymphoma may finally be working as it should work.  That is to say that 3 months ago, a CT scan show fast growing lymphoma and a recent PET scan about 3 weeks ago showed no growth but metabolic activity.

Is it possible that the Calquence has managed to shrink the growth which is why I feel better this morning?
I will not be able to answer that question for another few weeks when I am scheduled for another CT scan.

With this good feeling and if the humidity remains low, I am pretty sure that I will be using the pressure washer to clean some windows from the outside.

Oddly enough, our pressure washer died just before our move, and we have borrowed a pressure washer until we can get settled in and buy one for ourselves.  We are settled in but have been too lazy to go out and perform this task.  All the work moving from one house to another has left us lazy for a while.

Today might just be the transition day that gets us back to normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment