Friday, August 2

Wars and Rumors of WARS

My photograph was taken by my cousin, a week after I was released from the US Navy in the summer of 1972 to return to college.


I am considered a VIETNAM ERA VETERAN and used the GI Bill to pay for my last two years of college and the two years I attended graduate school.


Consequently, I have NO STUDENT LOAN DEBT...


Am I a Warhawk?

Do I believe in war?

The answer to both of those questions is NO...

I served my country, and I am glad that I did but only in retrospect because I enlisted in US Navy to avoid being drafted into the Army or Marines.


TODAY, we are on the verge of a global war even though many people firmly believe that the world is smart enough not to jump into a global war.

HOWEVER...

  • Russia has invaded Ukraine and the war there is over a year old
  • NATO countries are supporting Ukraine
  • China, Iran, and North Korea are supporting Russia
  • Hamas has invaded Israel and the war is over 6 months old
  • Iran, Syria, and Lebanon are supporting Hamas and was to destroy all Jews
  • China is about to invade Taiwan
  • China/Russia war planes and navy have been seen around Alaska


HERE'S WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN

  1. A global war would disrupt the global economy
  2. A global war would cause global inflation
  3. A global war would disrupt the flow of gasoline
  4. A global war will destroy an enormous amount of global cities
  5. A global war would substantially increase the use of military drones
  6. A global war will kill thousands of lives
  7. A global war would postpone going green
  8. A global war would increase division in America
  9. A global war would increase taxes to pay for the war machine
  10. A global war would force the USA to refurbish its military

PROBLEM AREAS:
  • Iran and North Korea are close to having nuclear weapons
  • China has a bigger overall military than the USA
  • The USA has the MOST nuclear weapons
  • Will nuclear weapons be used?
  • The USA may have to reinstate the DRAFT
  • What about all the illegal immigrants in the USA?
  • Education, Healthcare, & Employment will be disrupted
  • Americans will begin to face shortages and rationing
 
At 76 years of age, a war will not affect me outside of not being able to get the cancer drugs that I need to postpone my death - some may think that I have lived long enough.

I have money saved which is a good thing and I carry NO DEBT which is also a good thing.  My lifestyle is simple so that will benefit me, and I am used to eating a simple diet of beans and veges, chicken and fish with no alcohol or cigarettes.  All of this will help.

BUT I KNOW, there are thousands of people who do not live like me and they will have a hard time adjusting.

I SHARE THIS WITH YOU SO THAT YOU MIGHT START THINKING ABOUT A PLAN SHOULD MY FEARS TURN INTO REALITY

No comments:

Post a Comment