Saturday, June 19

JUNETEENTH

 ALL SLAVES IN AMERICA WERE GIVEN THEIR FREEDOM...

Since I was born Caucasian and have no desire to feel guilty because of being born white, I see no reason why I should even celebrate this holiday because it really does not pertain to me like July 4 pertains...  and, all I do for the 4th of July is cook a hamburger and put up the American Flag outside on the front porch.


I am no politician and I am glad that I never had that desire, but I fear that Juneteenth is going to send the wrong message here in the US and that after whites are forced to take a day off by either the government or their employers, that they will do absolutely nothing to celebrate black freedom...  

Why are we not authorizing a Federal Holiday for all the Native Americans to whom we gave their freedom as well by putting them on RESERVATIONS...  

To be honest, I have more empathy for Native Americans than I have for Black Americans...  because UNLIKE BLACKS they were here first and WHITES took their land and their freedoms away from them...

To me, our Federal Government is making a mistake and will begin to cause more division than ever before by recognizing the different between whites and blacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment