Friday, June 11

Back Porch Reflections

Good Morning America...

It "B" a rainy day here in East Tennessee this morning and my 3 cats are somewhat irritated that I slept in as long as I did this morning.  However, I am up now, they have been given a treat and fed, at least a little, and I am sitting on our back screen-in porch listening to the rain and the bird...

BEST DAY EVER

The bluebird house I built with old deck boards that I sanded down is the home to a couple of unknown birds, as it seems that the bluebirds I saw visiting decided to live somewhere else.

Yesterday, after mowing the yard and showering, I drove the mile and a half down to Weigle's to purchase 2 large French Vanilla Cappuccino coffees in their largest cup possible that I was planning to drink today...  which I am...  and, I got these drinks as refills, so I only had to pay $.98 which included taxes instead of the original $1.50 each.  I put clear boxing tape around the cup so that it will last longer.

BEST DAY EVER

What is great about living in this area, or at least where I live, is the fact that it is INCREDIBLY QUIET all the time.

This morning, there are NO SOUNDS from:

  • unmuffled vehicles
  • ambulance/police sirens
  • lawn mowers, blowers, weed eaters, chainsaws
  • loud music from neighbors
  • barking dogs or cows
  • yelling and angry neighbors
Once in a while I will see a white tailed rabbit scurrying around looking for whatever it is looking for.  The rabbit is lean and not the little fat bundle of joy that you might see at home as pets or at County Fairs.

My Magnolia trees are at least 30 feet tall and blooming but not as voraciously as I had hoped when I planted them 20 years ago as transplants from Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  My rather large deck that surrounds my 26 foot round above ground pool was stained two years ago and is still holding up.

The cool morning air is refreshing and a nice break from the high humidity that we have had this previous week, but according to those weather forecasters who are seldom wrong (lol), our rainy days will be ending today and temps returning to normal...  although, no one really knows what normal is anymore.

IT DON"T GIT NO BETTER THAN THIS...

No comments:

Post a Comment