Sunday, June 20

Father's Day

Father's Day is a holiday of honoring fatherhood
and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society. In Catholic countries of Europe, it has been celebrated on 19 March as Saint Joseph's Day since the Middle Ages.
Wikipedia



As a father myself, I understand the importance of a father in a child's life and while my father did not provide me with what I needed in life outside of discipline and responsibility, I tried to allow my daughter to grow as she wanted to grow without my influence on what I wanted her to become.  She did well in high school, college, and in her professional life as well.

However, somewhere along the line but only after moved overseas and began living in China, she stopped all communications with me and left me with NO IDEA why she had decided to do this which served to only increase her hatred and bitterness towards me in my mind.  I tried to reach out several times, including her FB page but she still refuses to contact me, especially at those times when contact should be made like:
  • Christmas
  • Birthday
  • Father's Day
Interestingly, I had gotten mad at my father as well and I cannot even remember why nowadays but I refused to reach out to him as well...  I think my abandonment of my father lasted for about 10-15 years...    So, turnabouts is fair play or so they say...  anyway, there is nothing that I can do about my daughter... all I can do is regulate my own behavior...

No comments:

Post a Comment