Saturday, June 5

C H A N G E

 It has been said by people smarter than me that PEOPLE DON"T TYPICALLY CHANGE UNTIL THE PAIN OF NOT CHANGING IS GREATER THAN THE PAIN OF CHANGING...

and yet, people still do not want to change...  I find that incredibly interesting especially in light of the recent change in Presidential Administrations and CHANGE is so prevalent that if you stop and take a piss, you have to learn something new when you return.

Most of us live our lives in cages that define us...  who we are...  what we think...  what we say...  how we behave...  and, those cages seldom change their appearance or the space within them...  so it is very easy for us to believe the same load of shit year after year after year without ever realize that the shit we believe is WRONG...

I remember that for most of my life, my eye vision has been 20/15 in both eyes until I was about 45-50 years old and then it started to change...  for the worse...  eventually, I purchased those readers for $2.50 each but took them off when I wasn't reading.

Eventually, my eyes worsen to the point that I had to start wearing prescription glasses and after the doctor handed me the script, I said, "do I have to wear these damn things all the time?"  His response was chilling...  "only if you want to see."  Sadly, he wasn't even trying to be humorous...

BUT...  I did not want to change...  and, I did not change until I absolutely had to change.

The irony of this entire concept is the fact that I made my living in industry as a CHANGE AGENT...  re-engineering systems to eliminate waste and increase output and productivity without any loss of quality or function of use.  If you followed my guidelines and recommendations, everyone in the damn plant had to change what they had been doing for twenty years...  and, that was painful for many old timers...



No comments:

Post a Comment