Monday, June 7

Rainy Days Forecasted

My morning, like every other morning, started off with me giving a treat to our 3 cats, taking my thyroid pill,  filling up the cat's food bowls, getting my laptop and notebook and taking them both into the living room, making coffee, and sitting down on the couch recliner to watch FOX News for a few minutes.

For some reason, I decided to check the weather forecast for my zip code and discovered that it was going to rain everyday for the next seven days and that each of the days had a probability of rain at over 70%...

Not much can be done outside if it is going to rain like that all week...  and, while this does not really bother me because I stay inside mostly, it does bother my wife because she stays outside mostly...  which means...  and if, you have been married for 10 years or more, you know exactly where I am going with this...

This morning I had some cake mini muffins that my wife had prepared the day before because the ingredients were going to expire and we don't like to throw away food.  Then, I prepared a rice, pepper, green onion, vege sausage, mushrooms, and garlic whatever...  which I had to cook the rice twice because there was too much in the pot...  and, once I started eating it, paid absolutely no attention at all to the fact that it did not taste good because I like rice so much.

That does not happen often, but when it does, my meals taste horrible...  I could blame it on the rain but I don't think anyone would believe me.

My problem is that I am trying to incorporate what I think are healthy food items into everything I eat and while that concepts works ok most of the time, it does not work ok all of the time.

  • Garlic
  • Onions
  • Green Peppers
  • Mushrooms
  • Olive Oil/pepper
I am not a chef nor am I a cook, I am just someone who likes to put a lot of different shit into a pot and see what happens...  although, I am sure there might have been a better way to explain that.

No comments:

Post a Comment