Wednesday, June 3

When Does One Act or Not Act?

What possesses two people to marry?

  • sex
  • love
  • money
  • security
  • friendship
  • commonalities
  • companionship
And...  when do those two people decide that their marriage is no long viable and it is time to divorce and go their separate ways?

Oftentimes, no action is taken by either spouse when one or both realize that their marriage is DEAD and whatever was there that brought them together is no longer present and continuing to remain in the marriage is hypocritical.

Why does this happen?
  • money
  • security
  • promises
  • society
  • children
  • convenience
  • lesser of two evils
I remember growing up in a household where once I became a TEENAGER, I realized that there was NO LOVE present and/or exhibited between either of my parents...  and yet, I expected them to remain together...  because I just assumed that this is what married people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment