Sunday, June 21

DAY 1 - at Myrtle Beach, SC

Even though we could not check into our efficiency apartment until 3 pm, my wife and I were on the beach sitting under a rented umbrella and beach chairs by 10 am wanting to make sure that we got a full day... Last night we had stayed in a motel about 20 minutes from the beach and were up and out by 8:30...  All-in-all, it was a perfect day, at least for me because I have to wear a long sleeve UV shirt and long UV pants because of my cancers and there was a steady breeze all day long allowing me to feel comfortable and not too hot through the day.

However, the day did not pass by without my making note of my observations:
  • most of the people were in there 30's, 40's, and 50's
  • most of the people drove pickup trucks of SUV's
  • obesity seems to be the norm for all ages
  • did not see any drinking of alcohol
  • did not hear any music playing from a boom box
  • all people respected social distancing
  • most lifeguards were skinny instead of muscular
  • police only patrolled twice a day
  • there were more smokers than I imagined
  • very few black people on the beach after noon/1 pm
  • everyone was modestly dressed
  • mostly families with children
  • very few foreigners unlike last year
  • only saw 1 dog
  • no screaming children
  • surf was very mild
  • low tide lasted longer than normal it seemed
  • our lifeguard passed by 3 times asking if we were ok


No comments:

Post a Comment