Friday, June 26

Day 6 - at Myrtle Beach, SC

This is our last day at Myrtle Beach and the sun is out and strong with not a cloud in sight and the weather forecast yields a day with no rain in sight...  hot and humid...  with a slight wind to cool off the senses...

As I sit beside my floor-to-ceiling sliding door window, looking out at the Atlantic Ocean, I see calm waves slowing approaching the shore, fizzling out when they hit the shore...  and, I see a light blue sky from north to south and a far east horizon where the water and sky meet...   and, I see the lifeguard setting-up chairs along the line the tractor made as it scraped the surface of the ground...  and, I see early-bird vacationers who like to walk before the sun rises too high in the sky...

Inside my rented efficiency apartment, the air cools the air and the smell of heated coffee lingers in the living-kitchen room while FOX NEWS plays on and on behind me...  and, my wife who finally leaves the bed gets ready for her final day in the sun here at Myrtle which she has been visiting each summer for the last 50 years...

Our last supper here on the coast will be at either Chili's or Red Lobster and an early night will be claimed as we leave before sunrise the next day to beat the crowd on our drive back to TN...

No comments:

Post a Comment