Thursday, June 25

Day 5 -- at Myrtle Beach,. SC


As is usual for me, at least here at Myrtle Beach, I awake at 7:30 am and after visiting the bathroom, pour myself a cup of coffee (that was previously brewed the day before) and heat it up in the microwave for 90 seconds after which I pour in 2-3 spoonfuls of Fat Free Cappuccino Mix and sit down in a chair and drink it all before I do anything...  after my third cup of coffee, I start writing articles for my blogs and by 10:00 am I am ready to join my wife on the beach who typically arrives at our rented umbrella and chairs by 9:00 am or earlier...   

We remain on the beach until 4:00 pm usually getting in the water once or twice in the afternoon when it is low tide and the undercurrent is not so strong...  I no longer do any body surfing (because of my age and stability) although I continue to look at the approaching waves as if that is exactly what I am getting ready to do...

THIS MORNING...  my wife is sitting across from me on the couch and it is after 9:00 am because of the rain that is lightly pouring down in front of us...  after checking our email and probably surfing on Facebook for a while, she will no doubt spend the day shopping at the Malls...

So, 4 out of 5 days, we were able enjoy the reason we drove to Myrtle Beach in the first place and since we have one more day, it would appear that our percentage of good days will increase to 5 out of 6 or a little over 80%.  It would be better if it were 100% and 100% is what we have received for several years so 80% this year is not a bad "batting average."

No comments:

Post a Comment