Sunday, June 7

Out For Breakfast This Morning

My wife and I decided to go out to breakfast this morning again because we felt pretty safe at the restaurant we went to last week...    so, we went there again...  mostly whites patronize this restaurant and every once in a while we see a black individual or family but not often.  This morning, while we were waiting for a table, a black man cam in by himself and we eventually sat beside him outside on the patio which did not bother either one of us one iota...  but, this was my impression of him:


  • late 30's, early 40's
  • large link gold chain around his neck
  • about 6 feet tall, 200 lbs, athletic build
  • wearing a basketball jersey and his arms were full of tattoos
  • his tennis shoes looked bigger than his feet and were half way laced up
  • close but hair and clean shaven, wearing a baseball cap turned around backwards
  • he was wearing a pair of baggy nylon gym pants with the waist pulled down to the middle of his ass


I never heard him speak and by all accounts he behavior seemed normal and he also appeared to be very polite with everyone with whom he made contact while I was observing him.

My first impression was:  this is not someone I want to get to know...

First of all...

  • I dislike tattoos and believe that people who support tattoos have low self esteem issues
  • I also think that tattoos make the individual look dirty and unclean
  • I think someone who wears a baseball cap backwards looks like a fool
  • I think someone who wears his pants down below his waist looks like an idiot
  • I immediately have no respect for this person


LET ME POINT OUT HERE...   if this individual that my wife and I saw this morning was WHITE, I would have formed the same opinion...

MY CONCERN:  If our Federal Government tries to get me to stop thinking like this because it is contributing to racial inequality, then I am going to tell our Federal Government to take a hike.  I have every right to believe like I believe and to express my beliefs in a reasonable professional manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment