Sunday, April 26

Sixties Music

Music of the Sixties underscored my days in college, influencing my actions, my words, and the way that I dressed to go to class.  At my small school in NC, "Joe College" was the dress of the day and carrying one's books up in one's armpit was the style.  So, my jeans and T-shirt approach with a jacket was not that acceptable if I wanted to go out with "nice girls".  What I later found out was that "nice girls" were no different than "bad girls" other than they way they dressed.  As a result of this boycott, me and my boys would go to an "all girls" school 20 miles down the road to play at night...  by the SOUNDS OF THE MUSIC which was always in our minds, hearts, and souls.

It was not just that SIXTIES MUSIC inspired us, but its lyrics were POETIC unlike the lyrics of the 50's...   AND, never again has music had these all encompassing lyrics in just about every single musical group, duet, or individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment