Wednesday, April 22

Do You Ever Dream?

I am not talking about daydreaming to avoid paying attention in class or to the speaker at a convention, or to the boss at a staff meeting or to avoid listening to a spouse barking out orders for you to do that day...  this is the daydreaming that takes place when one is lying in bed trying to fall asleep at night.

Just about every night that I can recently remember or in the not so distant past, I have spent the first 15-30 minutes before falling asleep at night daydreaming...  although I am sure that Psychologists have another name for it of which I am unaware.

While my daydreams vary, they are still about the same topic, more-or-less, which is being something that I am not today or will ever become.  And, while that my sound self-defeating it is still nonetheless true because it is the logic of reality.

One of my daydreams is the publish the novels that I have written and become a best seller ending up relatively wealthy (in the tens of millions) and flying everywhere I want to go or visit with a first class ticket in my hand.

Another daydream is becoming the recipient of an inheritance by an unknown benefactor that makes me a multi-millionaire and I build the MODEST house of my dreams that had everything that my wife and I ever talked about but still no bigger than 2,500 square feet.

And yes,  I have never had the nerve to contact publishers and face the dozens of rejection letters I would receive by those who did not think my writing was good enough to publish, so, my daydreams might well have been experienced, but at my age of 72 that is not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment