Monday, April 27

PASSWORDS

In addition to these 4 blogs that I maintain, I have a LinkedIn account as well as a Facebook account.  My Facebook account was hacked and the last time I logged out after posting something, my account belonged to someone else.  I started a new Facebook account under a FAKE NAME and created a password that was composed of letters and numbers, capitals and lower case, as well as special symbols...   and I just not use one of each but several of each making it even more difficult for someone to hack.

Today, I got an email about my LinkedIn account asking for a password reset and the message said that if this is not you, then you should change your password immediately.  The message indicated that the request came from Santa Monica, CA and since I live in TN, I knew right away that I had not make the request...  so I changed my password.

One of the reasons I suppose that someone wants my LinkedIn account is that I have over 17,000 people in my network and it is easier to steal an account rather than build up an account like I had done...  either way it is still a chicken shit move to make.

My point here is this:

  • think about using a fake name on your account
  • think about creating a complicated password


A complicated password might consist of the following:  !#Fu#!1719$soL$Qq#!

No comments:

Post a Comment