Tuesday, April 28

FINANCIAL PLANNING Part III

In Financial Planning Part II, I talked about 401K's and the money that they could provide for you in retirement and while they are not the best source a savings, they are a source of savings and if your employers offers you one and is matching then put into 401K as much money as you need to in order to receive your employer's maximum match.






This post is about DEBT.

Debt will SUCK the life out of all families and their future, not to mention monies needed for a retirement that you are probably not even thinking about.



You must eliminate your debt!

Right now you are probably thinking how in the hell am I going to do that?

You can start by:

  1. quit buying cigarettes if you still smoke
  2. stop drinking alcohol everyday - maybe only on the weekends
  3. stop going out to lunch at work
  4. stop buying stuff you don't really need
  5. be frugal in your purchases
These 5 items will get you started but what do you do with the money that you are saving?

You pay off your debt?

Let's suppose that you have the following debt?
  • mortgage @ $1,000/month
  • car loan @ $400/month
  • school loans @ $300/month
  • credit card @ $200/month
Recommended Approach:
  1. Pay off credit card debt first with money you have scrounged up
  2. Use money you have scrounged up with credit card debt money to pay off school loans
  3. Use scrounged up, credit card, & school loan monies to pay off car loan
  4. Use all those monies to pay off mortgage
  5. Save all debt reducing monies to save for RETIREMENT

Not possible you claim...

Bullshit...  I say...  and, I know it can be done because I have done it...
I found ways to save money first.
Then I worked a second job.

After debt was paid off, I did two things:
     First - I renovated house for retirement with half the money
     Second - I saved the other half of the money








No comments:

Post a Comment