Saturday, September 14

Myrtle Beach - Day Seven

 

We were up this morning at the regular time, sometime between 7:00/7:30 am.  I am usually up first, but this morning my wife was out of bed before me.


My morning routine is to visit the bathroom, take my thyroid medication, put my pre-made coffee in cup and then into the microwave for a minute and a half, then walk over to the window door going to the veranda and look out.


I typically see a smooth ocean, chairs and umbrellas already set up by the lifeguard, and I was early morning walkers until the dinging lets me know my coffee is ready.


This morning, my wife was standing on the veranda looking out at the water and then up to the sky while holding out her arm with the palm up.  She heard the dinging and turned to speak to me.


"It really feels like rain this morning."  she began.  "It's supposed to rain off and, on all morning, and if it starts, I just as soon pack up and go home."


"I'm with you there." I answered, blowing on my coffee to cool it off a little to drink some.


Two hours later, we were on the road on our way back to Tennessee.  We arrived home at 5:00 pm after stopping a couple of times.  The traffic was heavy until an hour out of Myrtle Beach and did not get crowded again until Asheville, North Carolina.


By 6:30pm, we had unpacked everything and put it all back where it had originally come from.


2024 vacations are officially OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment