Saturday, May 23

EASY RIDER

1969 was the year and it was an important year for me in many ways because a few months before I had left college (end of Fall Semester 1968), enlisted in the USNR, gotten married, and was working a year before I had to report for active duty...

I was living in Burlington, NC and working for a company called Carolina Biological Supply Company (CBS) owned by the Powell's...  paying a little above minimum wage, they were one of the largest employers in the area...

My wife and I were living in a two-story wooden house that we ironically rented from CBS but if something went amiss, CBS would fix it immediately.  The rent we paid was consistent with renting a two bedroom house or a 1 bedroom apartment...  yet, we had three times that amount of space.  There was a huge open area on the second floor that I used as my art studio since I like to do oil painting and photography and it was there that I hung this exact same poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment