Tuesday, May 19

A Rainy Day

According to the WEATHER PERSON (trying to be politically correct here) for the East Tennessee Area, we should be expecting rain(off and on) for the rest of the week and maybe a few days longer if the 10-Day Forecasting is accurate.  Ordinarily, I would not be bothered by rain and would encourage its presence I am, during these months of Spring, Summer, and Fall, keenly aware of having to mow the damn grass and while our yard can be mowed in about an hour, it's a pain-in-the-ass to try and mow it in between bouts of rain without letting it properly dry out.

On the positive side of a week of rain, our above ground pool actually relishes the idea of rain because the rain's freshness dilutes the buildup of bad chemicals in the water like chlorine and the stuff that was used to winterize it last fall.  As long as the rain is falling gradually, I can still easily remove the excess water by putting the pool pump on WASTE and if I hookup the hose can also easily vacuum out of the pool any debris on its floor that has settled since the last time I vacuumed.

Yard and Pool Maintenance is relatively easy if one has the proper tools to complete each task...  in my case, I need only a hose, pole, and vacuum device as well as a riding lawn mower...

Personally, I like the rain...  I like the sounds it makes...  I like the relaxing peacefulness it creates...  and, I like how beautiful everything looks afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment