Monday, March 23

Staying at home...

One would think that staying at home would be easy... but, after being retired for 5 years, staying at home can and often does fall into the category of boring.

Why is that?
                                                                                             
Well, for me...  the answer is easy and simple...

I don't have a hobby.

Sure, I like to write, but writing can only last so often during the day...  once I have written for 4-6 hours for 5-6 days, I don't much feel like writing the next day.  When I was writing my novels, I would get so caught up in the writing of it, that I would forget all about time...  the only thing that was on my mind was the STORY...  the story...  the story.

For some reason, I decided I was not a good novelist, so I just stopped right in the middle of my third novel...  QUIT...  no more...  done.

What else could I do to pass the time?
  1. Exercise
  2. Work in the yard
  3. Clean the house
  4. Read a novel
  5. Watch TV/movie
  6. Go for a walk
  7. Return to oil painting
  8. Return to photography
  9. Take up carving
  10. Take up coin collecting
  11. Surf the web
  12. Doodle

Everything kinda leads me back to writing...  PISSER!!!

I enjoy cooking stuff but I don't know how to cook in small portions and we don't have the refrigerator space for a bunch of plastic cartons.  Plus, right now with the panic buying that is going on, there is not much food available in our grocery stores.

I could VOLUNTEER and Tennessee is known as the Volunteer State, but I suspect that even volunteers have to schedule a specific time and day(s) of the week and I don't much like the idea of having to be somewhere day-after-day or week-after-week.

This is not the first time that I have thought about what to do with my time now that I am retired and cannot travel all the time and it probably will not be the last...

No comments:

Post a Comment