Monday, March 23

RAIN... Rain... rain...

There is a sense that I am floating away in one of my fantasy dreams before I fall asleep, on a raft in a raging river like Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer, carelessly but intentionally trying to escape the realities of a brutal life before the Northern Carpetbagger brought civilization to the South...  or, at least it was like that in my fantasy dream...

These fantasy dreams are not a ONE OFF as some of you might have surmised but they tend to be my mode of operation every night before I fall asleep...  to create a fantasy life, different from the one in which I currently live, but one that is rich with activities that will never see the light of day for me outside of the fantasy which swirls around inside my head each night.

It is the attention to the details that finally puts me to sleep...  I am not sure if I have bored myself or just drifted off because of the tediousness of the task.  In either event, the details are never completed within the context of the storyline; and yet, it is the storyline that is relived each and every night as if it never had taken place the night before.  It changes only after I have become bored and need a new fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment