Tuesday, March 17

Always Hidden

If I am not mistaken, I would say that most of us, male and/or female, keep secrets from those whom we know, work, or live simply because we do not want everyone to know all there is about us...  just in case that knowledge, somehow, ever was to be used against us...  let's say, in a court of law for example.

I am no exception...

It all started when I was in college the first time from 1966-68 and had been drinking in Greensboro and somehow ended up by myself walking down the main street that led to the interstate.  A car stopped and offered me a ride.  The man inside was on leave from the military.  As we drove down the highway, he put his hand on my thigh and told me he would like to have sex with me.

I froze...

And then, I got sick and he pulled over so that I could vomit on the side of the street.

Back in the car, I told him that if he would take me to my dorm that I would change clothes and come back down to the car.

He believed me.

I got into the dorm, went up to the top floor, down the hallway to the other end, down the stairs and out the door on the ground floor, running away from the dorm in some direction as fast as I could and never looked back.

I returned to my dorm at first light...  completely sober.

The next time, was in the 70's early 80's when I worked for a local arts council and had met a local dancer who used to dance for the NY City Ballet Company.  My wife and I were at his house for dinner with he and his wife.  The ladies were in the living room and we were in the kitchen and he asked me if we could be lovers.

He was gay and his wife was a lesbian and they were married because society frowned on anything else back then and they could be accepted in the community.

I told him that I was not interested.

I now look back on those two situations with REGRETS...

No comments:

Post a Comment