Sunday, March 22

Being retired for 5 years now, most of my time is already being spent inside the house, so social distancing is not a problem for me.

Right now, my wife does most if not all of the shopping so I do not have to come into contact with the public due to my low if not non-existent immune system as a result of fighting two cancers for over 12 years.

We had already been buying some supplies in bulk from SAMS so we already had a 90 day supply of toilet paper, paper towels, coffee and some frozen foods.  We also had just recently purchase meat from OMAMHA STEAKS giving us enough food for over 30 days as well, if not longer if you substitute beans for meat.

As far as entertainment inside the home, we have cable and ROKU which gives us plenty of access to a variety of shows and movies, some of which we do not care for but watch anyway to pass the time.  We also spend time reading and working on project both inside and outside of the house.  Fortunately, we live in a community where our neighbors ever since we moved in twenty years ago, seldom venture out of their homes during the summer months, and typically have a third party maintain the yard outside.

Next week, I have to drive to the hospital in Knoxville to have my monthly chemo infusion and I plan to wear a facemask while there, but I will simply go there and return with no side trips except maybe the drive-thru at McD's for some coffee...  they have always had good coffee but maybe not as good as Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts but still good enough for me.

Being alone and isolated is what I do best...

No comments:

Post a Comment