Sunday, September 8

Vacationing Again

 

When my wife and I were working we took two vacations a year, primarily during the warm months of the summer and a couple months on either side were acceptable.


In 2015, when my wife and I retired, we went on vacation for a week, every other month until COVID hit the USA, and everything closed down.  We would have vacationed every month, but we could not find someone to take care of our three cats and we did not want to board them somewhere.


Going every other month cured us of vacations, so after COVID restrictions were lifted we returned to our routine of two vacations a year but stay away from the summer months because of the crowd conditions at the resorts and beaches.


So, in April/May we go somewhere in Florida and Sept/Oct we go to Myrtle Beach, SC.  Tomorrow, we leave for Myrtle Beach.


We have been to beaches from the Outer Banks of NC down to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, up the west coast of Florida and around the Gulf States of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana but out of all the beaches visited, we have always liked Myrtle Beach better.


Our decision is based upon FOUR factors:

First, we like the wave action

Second, we like the surrounding restaurants and stores

Third, we like the security of lifeguards

Fourth, we like the availability of renting chairs and umbrellas


However, my preference has always been Myrtle Beach because it only takes us six and half hours to drive there.   We can leave at 7:00am and be under an umbrella on the beach by no later than 2:00pm.


Before I retired, I would always have a cooler of beer with me...  I suppose to help me relax but I don't need that anymore...  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment