Friday, December 29

In The Year 2023

In the year 2023, I had my 76th birthday with a celebration meal at Cheddars where I ordered blackened salmon, baked potato, and broccoli.  My wife ordered a salad.  We both had water with lemon to drink.  We added an 18% tip to the check.  We paid $20 more than we did last year for the same meal.


What did the year 2023 provide us with?

  1. Higher food and gasoline prices
  2. War on Fossil Fuels
  3. Our National Debt is increasing
  4. Our Global respect is declining
  5. Government mandate of EVs
  6. Increased Illegal Immigration
  7. Increased in Illegal Drugs
  8. War in Ukraine
  9. War in Israel/Gaza strip
  10. Iran's proxies attacking USA
  11. Double Standards of US Justice
  12. Global Anti-Israel Sentiments
  13. A weakened US military
  14. China threatening global dominance
  15. Higher taxes
  16. Decay of US Democracy
  17. An Ineffective Congress/President
  18. Destruction of American Dream

While that might bother some Americans...  it does not bother me...

It does not bother me because:
  • I own my home
  • I am debt free
  • I have saved money for retirement
  • I live in East Tennessee
  • I'm not bothered by crime
  • I'm not bothered by illegal immigrants
  • I'm not bothered by illegal drugs
  • I purchase only what I need

I am part of the BABY BOOMER generation.  We protested against the Vietnam War and against large government TELLING US WHAT TO DO.  We were the generation of some of the best rock and roll music that the world has ever heard.  We were the generation that gave you WOODSTOCK and MUSCLE CARS.  We were the generation that made it COOL to have long hair and beards, jeans, t-shirts, and cowboy boots.  We were the generation of ENDLESS LOVE without the fear of AIDS or SEXUAL HARRASSMENT.

Whenever I experience a year like 2023, I just think back to 1966 when:
  1. cigarettes were $0.20 a pack ($0.25 in a machine)
  2. gasoline was $0.18 cents a gallon
  3. a six pack of beer was $1.25
  4. Hamburgers were $0.15
  5. French fries were $0.10
  6. Movie tickets were $0.25
When I experience a year like 2023, I just think back to 1967 when:
  • I purchased a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda convertible with a 383 and 4 on the floor for $2,500.
  • I remember all the beer I drank in that car and all the women that went to the drive in movies with me in that car.
  • I remember racing that car on the city streets of Alexandria, turning down side roads to escape the police.

You may be younger than me, but 
YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE 
WHAT I EXPERIENCED...

That's why I don't care about the crap that has taken place in 2023 and will continue to take place in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment