Friday, December 22

Television Advertising

 Just about everyone watches Television whether it is on cable, dish, antenna, or a wifi connection using a Roku box or stick...   therefore, most everyone is familiar with all the commercials that take place every so often, interrupting what you are wanting to watch...


Advertisers buy time on these networks in the hopes of convincing the viewer to buy what they are offering.  In addition to buy stuff, there are other organizations that are trying to convince to DONATE your money to their cause...


From my perspective, I don't pay any attention to commercials or any type of advertising on television.  The companies that I purchase from, I do so because I have not seen any of their advertising.  I buy their product because their product is what I need at the time.


For instance, there are a couple of businesses that are selling replacement windows on television and how great they are.  FOR ME...  that is an instant TURN OFF...  if they have to tell you how great they are, then something is wrong...


When I buy something, I find out who else has purchased that product and what do they think of what they purchased.


WORD OF MOUTH is what convinces me...


I remember a marketing professor once told me that there is a FOOL BORN EVERY MINUTE...  and it is those FOOLS that you sell to...


  • I don't trust life insurance sales people
  • I don't trust time share sales people
  • I don't trust car sales people
  • I don't trust any salesperson who is paid by a commission

No comments:

Post a Comment