Saturday, December 16

DOUBLE STANDARDS in our Justice System

When I was growing up in Alexandria, Virginia, I became aware of the fact that if your parents were financially well off, then the law was applied differently to the children of those financial well-off parents than it was to children of parents who were not financially well-off.


At the time, it did not bother me that much and I just rolled with the punches and took my punishment that the good little soldier I was and kept my mouth shut.


As I got old the double standard in the Justice system pissed me off more and more because that was not the way our legal system was designed to work.  JUSTICE WAS SUPPOSEDLY BLIND.


NOW...  I am 76 years old, a Vietnam Era Veteran, and retired after a working career of 45 years, and I get really mad as an American when I see this double standard.


This double standard in our LEGAL SYSTEM is obvious when DEMOCRATS break the law than when REPUBLICANS break the law.


Before this political division in the Justice System, there was an equally horrific difference in the application of the law between BLACKS and Whites, with the BLACK on the losing end of those unbalanced scales.


In My Humble Opinion, there will always be a difference in our JUSTICE SYSTEM because that is just the way Americans want to be...  


As a result of our American and WIN/LOSE mentality, most everything in our society will in some way embrace this attitude...

For example:  Biological males are competing in women's sports creating a new set of winners and losers which is a form of a non-double standard in a perverted way.



No comments:

Post a Comment