Tuesday, August 23

Things are Getter Better


 

My back surgery was 10 weeks ago tomorrow...  and while I still walk with a walking stick, my walking time to complete a mile has gone from 48 minutes down to 31 minutes...  and now I make no stops whereas when I first started I was stopping twice...   IMPROVEMENT...

But, it took me 10 weeks to get here and believe me those 10 weeks were very stressful on me as I am used to healing quickly...

But, things are getting better...  which is why I thought of the song Getting Better  by the Beatles...

We don't think of The Beatles much anymore but they were popular between 1960 and 2000...  now we have groups whose lyrics are no longer profound...  sadly, music is not getting better...

My life changed moderately after I had my heart attack and again a little more moderately after I was diagnosed with cancer and then another cancer on top of the first one...  but, over time my body adjusted and I was able to do most of those things that a man my age was supposed to be doing...  BUT, this back surgery threw me for a loop and after 10 weeks, I am beginning to feel like I wanted to feel after 2 weeks...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not the light of death...  it is the light of recovery...  I will soon be 80% and maybe I will even get back to 90% but it is doubtful that a man who is 75 years old will ever get back to 100%...  too much has happened to my body for that to happen.

The reason why I will return to 80-90% is that I took care of my body all of my life...  eating healthy, exercising regularly, sleeping, no tobacco, no drugs, no alcohol...  my HIGHS came from being HIGH on life...  it is an interesting concept and not one that is often taught to our children...


No comments:

Post a Comment