Sunday, August 21

Going on Vacation


 After walking each day for over 7 days straight, I have decided to take a break today...


I have a CT Scan tomorrow at &:45 so I should be home by 9:00 am which is about the time that I usually walk so I will be to return to my schedule...


In 3 weeks, my wife and I are traveling to Myrtle Beach to spend a week there.  While I will be spending all of my time at the beach under an umbrella, I am also hoping that I will not have that much trouble getting into and out of those low situated beach chairs.


For less than $2,000 we can spend a week at Myrtle Beach that includes all our gasoline, food, and motel accomodations.  Our motel condo directly faces the Atlantic Ocean rather than being on the side.  We have a balcony, a living room kitchen and eating area, a large bathroom, and a bedroom in the back with a door.


There are plenty of restaurants from which to choose and there are plenty of attractions we can visit should we choose to do so...  however, without fail we will stop at least one night at COLD STONE ice cream and purchase a medium or large cup of custom-made ice cream with all sorts of items included.  I always get the apple pie concoction.


At our age, we no longer get into the water above the waist and typically we only get into the water to cool off.  We walk along the coastline but mainly we sit under the umbrella and watch the people or read.  In my case I listen to an audible book or write in my journal.


Are vacations necessary?

Probably not...  but, even though we are retired, we enjoying having a change of scenery at least once or twice during the year.

BUT...  more importantly, it is the FREEDOM to be able to leave your home and travel to another location and enjoy what that location has to offer before returning.  As one gets older, FREEDOM and MOBILITY are two important concepts that we appreciate that we still have and will have for at least another decade or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment