Wednesday, August 31

Who is Really in Charge?

Most macho males would tell you that the male is in charge...  but, if you dig around in the relationship, you will typically discover that the wife really is the one who is in control.

Why do I say that?

  • Wives do the shopping
  • Wives take care of the children
  • Wives cook the meals
  • Wives clean the house and wash clothes
  • Wives plan the vacations
  • Wives buy the presents and cards for holidays and birthdays
  • Wives remember the names of all the inlaws, cousins, and nephews
  • Wives take care of all the pets
  • Wives write the checks
  • Wives balance the check book

Personally, I don't like balancing the check book and I don't like to take the time to pay bills...  perhaps I am lazy...  so, I have no problem having my wife do all of that.  I bring home the money and she spends as she sees fit...  however, if I want to buy something then I want to be able to that without any resistence.

BUT, all that does is serve to give the spouse the power...   still, making those decisions is not that important anyway...  it is not like we're investing in stocks and don't know what we're doing.

As I get older, I find myself depending more and more on my wife to take care of stuff...  and, my back surgery really tested her having to do stuff that I used to do...  and, quite honestly, it has put an enormous strain on her both mentally and physically...

However, I am not unusual and most marriages are controlled by the female whether the males agrees or whether on not it is appreciated.  It just happens.

This does not mean that females are better than males...  it just means that females are better at managing marriages and households than males and we need to accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment