Friday, August 26

Student Loan Forgiveness

 

Personally, I don't give a shit is the government forgives student loans or not because I never had a government loan for college, as the GI Bill paid for all of my education...  yeah...  yeah...  yeah...  I know the GI Bill's money comes from taxes...  so, in essence it is just like a student loan...  but, it isn't.


If I had it to do all over again, I would not go to college...  although, in the state of TN, the lottery pays the student's tuition for the first two years.  Still, I am not sure if I would have gone to college.


Maybe a trade school or a technical school.  Computer programmers get paid a lot of money these days as do those who design video games.


I am not sure if I would have been a plumber, an electrician, a carpenter, or an HVAC tech as there is a lot of physical labor required in those professions.   Maybe a contractor or a builder.


Of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with managing a restaurant or a hotel/motel or a resort.


What I really like more than anything else was teaching...  and, one had to have a college education to teach...  but my second most enjoyable position was managing a project.  You do not need a college education to do this...  you just need to work at a company where there are projects going on and after 2500 hours or 63 weeks, you can take your PMP Certification Exam which is just as valuable as a Masters Degree.


College is not for everyone.  The key to college is not the grades but the retention of knowledge and if you did not retain the knowledge, then your degree won't mean shit because your employer will simply FIRE YOU.


Achieving Results is what keeps you employed...

Being a team player keeps you employed...

Not rocking the boat keeps you employed...

Generating revenue keeps you employed...


A COLLEGE EDUCATION DOES NOT ALWAYS KEEP YOU EMPLOYED...

No comments:

Post a Comment