Saturday, August 27

Life is Just a Dream

 


I saw a man the other day and he was lying on the side of the road dying...  he wanted to know if I had faith and would I be willing to trade place with him...   I thought about his proposal for a while but by the time I was ready to give an answer, he was dead.  I walked home and thought about what had happened and why i had waited so long to give an answer...  and, then i realized that I had doubted my own faith and in so doing I allowed another man to die instead of myself...


A few minutes later, I woke up and remembered the dream and my hesitation and knew that my hesitation was intentional because I did not want to sacrifice my life for a stranger...  the more I thought about it, the more I realized I would not want to sacrifice my life for someone I knew either...  although, I am sure there might be a situation where I would change my mind.


My dream taught me two lessons:

1.  Dreams are not real

2.  Dreams are not precusors for reality


We may have families...  brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, neices, and nephews, and parents but we are not them and they are not us, we are uniquely individual and different.  And, to think we need to emulate others is a crazy waste of time as we will never be like them otherwise we would have already been like them and there would have been no need to think about a change.


We don't choose our lives...  our lives choose us...  we become that which we are supposed to have become whether we like it or not, and no matter how many choices we make.  We are what we always were intended to be and we got that way by living minute to minute so the speak and simply letting it unfold around us.


Time leaves us aging, growing old gradually although the older we get the faster time moves by us and the closer we get to the person we were intended to be.


Sadly, we never take the time to think about this...  we just live life and try to enjoy it and forget the times when we were sad and lonely.  Oddly enough, we can be around people and still feel lonely and why we never realize this is beyond me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment