Saturday, August 20

Saturday Afternoon Encounters

As part of my back surgery recovery, I need to walk each day...  actually I need to walk twice each day...  and both those walks should be at least one mile...  doing it once a day is all my body will allow, so my recovery will take a little longer than expected...  which is longer than normal because of my age...  double wammy.


So, this morning around 9:30 am  I walked my route of 1.2 miles and it took me  right at 38 minutes (without stopping) according to the walking app I have on my phone.  38 minutes is high but right now that is the best that I can do.


After tending to my blogs, I prepared my version of loaded WONTON SOUP which included 10 purchased wontons, organic chicken broth, 2 green peppers from our garden, 8 green onions, a handfull of mushrooms, a heaping spoon of diced garlic from a jar, a teaspoon of soy sauce, pepper and salt.  It cooked over slow heat for about 90 minutes, cooled, put into 3 plastic containers and into the frig for later consumption.  Each container has 3 wontons.


Yesterday after my bursitis therapy, I stopped at Weigel's to get gas and was charged $3.51/gallon which is down about 50 cents/gallon.  I am thankful that people have decided not to drive much  otherwise the price would have remained right at $4 and increasing...  but, people got smart and if the gas prices goes up, we don't drive much...  and that decision helps people like me out.  So, please continue to cut back on  your driving.


I've got a couple of easy chores to do around the house that will take me less than an hour to complete, so basically I have a complete weekend to myself...  now, I have to decide how to fill that time...  do I watch some stupid shit on HULU or even stupider shit on Netflix or do I spend time hunting for something that is going to keep my attention on Prime?  None of those are good choices for me.


I could take a nap or I could write a little on my novel but I am not really motivated to do either of those either...

Perhaps a few minutes in the hottub now that I have been cleared by my surgeon...  even though it is humid but not that hot, the hottub is obviously heated otherwise what would be the point of having one (?) but that heat does not bother me...  which is strange.


If the title of this piece bothers you...  my encounters are with my own thoughts...  in case you were wondering or spending time trying to figure that shit out.


I believe the hottub won the argument...


No comments:

Post a Comment