Friday, April 9

Not To Worry Man

Proud Mary  by CCR 
"And I never lost one minute of sleepin',
Worryin' 'bout the way things might have been..."
My entire life and my entire working career of 45 years, was spent following those lyrics and not because those lyrics meant something to me but because that was just my personality at the time and still is.

I don't care if you like the way I am dressed, the way I look, what I say, or how I act and I certainly don't wish that I had done something else during my life of 73 years.  Now, I have recollected how my life might have evolved had I done this or not and/or not done this or that but I never wished that I had done something else with my life.

I am not wealthy and I don't care that I am not wealthy.  I look at what the wealthy do and their actions and behaviors don't impress me...  even riding on a private jet with no one but yourself...  I can just imagine how enjoyable that is...  especially since you don't have to go through security and stand in line until your ZONE is called.

I know a person who has a 12,000 square foot home and I often wonder how much time he spends in each of the rooms in his house or if there are rooms he has never been in since it was built.

I have a house with a garage, a kitchen, a porch, a living room/dining room, a bedroom, and a bathroom, and another room that is used for our 3 cats that I guess you might say could be seen as a bedroom.  I helped a friend of mine build the deck that we have out back that surrounds our ABOVE GROUND POOL (much cheaper than an inground pool and the maintenance is less) and our Hot Tub.  Both the pool and the Hot Tub are 12 years old and will probably last another 10 years because we take care of the damn things.

I don't need nor do I want a pool into which I can dive...  who gives a shit.  I get in the pool to cool off and exercise using the water as resistance and I get into the Hot Tub to relax my muscles, my mind, and my attitude.

When I replaced some of my decking last summer, I simply used my sander and removed about 1/8 of an inch or so of the rotten wood and put the same decking back where in the place from which I had removed it.  Decking is a good 3/4 inch thick and there is no reason to waste wood...  or to have someone else do it for me...

AND...  IF I WAS WEALTHY I WOULD STILL WANT TO DO IT MYSELF BECAUSE THAT IS THE WAY MY PARENTS RAISED ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment