Saturday, April 3

Democrats on a Spending Binge

I am living on Social Security and my accumulated savings over my 45 year career where I made less than $50,000 annually for my entire career.  My salary was low but living in the rural Piedmont of NC and in the Tennessee Valley of east TN, the cost of living was so low that my annual salary still allowed me to do most anything I wanted, including vacations, owning a home, owning cars, and saving money.

The $6400 that we received in stimulus money was not spent but was put into our savings account to build up a nest egg in case we have to use that money later.  I know that doing this defeats the whole purpose of receiving stimulus money, but all I can say is that our situation is somewhat different than other people who might be laid off from work and do not have Social Security on which to rely to pay their bills.

So, the arrival of COVID and the systematic lockdown of the US including in part the State of TN came at an IDEAL TIME for my wife and I, especially now that I have received both COVID vaccine shots and all I need to do is wait until April 1, 2021 (3 days away) to be 96% protected.

HOWEVER...
it would be very much appreciated if the Democrats could find it in their hearts to send out another set of stimulus checks and/or increase the amount of Social Security that we both receive and/or reduce the amount of co-pays for which we are responsible as far as our Medicare bills are concerned even though we both have a supplemental policy as well...  there are still out-of-pocket expenses that we both must pay and those expenses can mount up.

The Democrats are on a SPENDING BINGE and retired people could use some extra money since we are not going to benefit from the potential of FREE EDUCATION and since we are not BLACK, we will be receiving NO SLAVERY REPARATIONS either...

The wealthy people in the United States have been allowed to earn wealth as if they are addicted to money and the Congress has done NOTHING to stop that from happening.  They shelter their money in offshore tax free bank accounts leaving the rest of us responsible for picking up the slack.

Perhaps the Democrats could put in a WAIVER for RETIREES on the increased taxes in the following areas:
  • Capital Gains
  • Gasoline 
  • Inheritance
  • Sales

Just like the Democrats are taking care of the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS these Democrats should also take better care of the RETIREES in the United States.

We need more money...

Give us more money and we will vote for you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment