Thursday, January 21

EAST TN: Ideal Retirement Location


As I have mentioned many times before, I am living in the Tennessee Valley of East TN and as far as I am concerned, it is an IDEAL place to live, especially if one is retired...   because of:
  • its physical location weather protection
  • its physical location geographically
  • 30-60 minute access to everything
  • Oak Ridge National Labs
  • TVA Parks and Recreation
  • Country Life and exposure to nature
  • Tranquil surroundings
  • University of TN
  • its lower cost of living index
  • its lack of urban influences
  • its lack of crime

NOTE:   Not everyone is suited for this type of lifestyle...  but, let me assure you that we have local watering holes that serve beer, wine, and alcohol.  We have illegal drugs being sold to our elementary school children and high school students.  We have local prostitutes and call girls.  We have several members of the Mexican Drug Cartels living in our area as well.  We have political crimes and influence peddling.  We have telephone scams and computer hacking and all sorts of people trying to get access to our data to perpetrate a variety of crimes against us.

WHAT WE DON"T HAVE IS:
  1. Racism
  2. Black Lives Matter
  3. ANTIFA
  4. White Supremacists
  5. Police Violence against Black
  6. Blacks killing cops
  7. Protesting and Riots
  8. Burning of city buildings
  9. Pipe Bombs
  10. Domestic Terrorism


TODAY...
there is a light rain falling instead of snow.  The temps are in the 40's but will rise to the 50's but it is doubtful that we will have all the sunshine that we had yesterday.  Each day, the light extends the day against darkness by ONE MINUTE....  so, we are getting closer to spring and the rebirth of nature.  All our bushes will blow and grow.  All our flowers will return.  The Japanese Maple that I cut back will sprout new limbs as will the Crepe Myrle that surrounds our pool.

REGRETS...
My physical health and all the cuts I have on my body and all the recent procedures I have had, have kept me out of my HOT TUB for almost a month.  But, as they heal, I will return to its warmth and once again sit in the warmth of its waters and look up and see all the stars in the absolutely clear night sky.



No comments:

Post a Comment