Tuesday, January 12

Preparing For Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I go to the hospital for a Colonoscopy/Upper GI and I have to be there at 6:30 am and my procedure is at 7:30 am and it should be done 2 hours later and in recovery and home before NOON, I would suspect.  Depending upon how I feel, I may go out for breakfast.

Today, all I could eat was a liquid diet along with black coffee if so desired.  I had one cup of coffee, went to the Hospital for my COVID test and came home and slept for another couple of hours since there may not be much sleep for me tonight.

My cleansing prep started at 3:00 pm with a couple of pills and the "down and dirty" stuff started at 5:00.  I should be sitting on the commode in an hour or so for the next couple of hours before I take a second dose to supercharge the process and a third does a midnight.

Two years ago, I did fairly well with this process even though it has changed a little...  The ingredients are the same, but it is spread out more...  I suppose to make sure one receives a better flushing out.  I believe that a colonoscopy is only every 10 years and then every 5 years after a certain age...  but, I am now on a 2 year schedule because of my cancer history and because I had several polyps last time.

I really didn't have anything better to do today or tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment