Thursday, January 21

Splitting The Difference

My wife a few months ago got interested in a musical group from South Korea with the name of BTS and most of their songs are in Korean but it is the music and the voices of the group that caught her attention.  Her interest increased to the point that she spent all day doing research on each member of the group and of course their families as well, including birthdays, likes/dislikes, clothes, thoughts about whatever, birthdays, and the fact that one of them had to enter the military for mandatory service in a couple of months.

BTS was supposed to have a concert in Atlanta a few months ago, but it was cancelled or postponed because of COVID...  I was going with her because I did not want her to do this alone because no one else her age was actually interested in this teenager appealing group.

From that interest she progressed into watching movies and series of Korean Shows on Netflix and HULU even though all of the movies were in Korean with English subtitles.  She tried to get me involved but I refused to watch subtitles.

Whenever I am not in the living room, even it it is for a moment, she starts playing the music of BTS as if she is almost completely deaf and when I return I am not nice with my comments like:  TURN THAT DAMN SHIT DOWN...

So, she decided to go to the our room in the basement that has been converted into a bedroom, with a couch, TV, and exercise equipment to watch her SOUTH KOREAN MOVIES and MUSIC...

FEELING GUILITY...  
I decided to buy some noise canceling headphones and suggested that she return upstairs to listen to whatever she wanted to listen to and I would just put on my earphones...  and, if I am wearing headphones, I might as well listen to classic rock music...

I got some headphones at WalMart for about $50 and the only other choice was BOSE for about $300 and I just could not see spending that much money to keep the peace.

LIFE GOES ON...


No comments:

Post a Comment