Wednesday, January 27

Mornings In East TN

Being retired, I can awake in the mornings anytime I want if I do not have an early morning doctor's appointment which I usually make if I am going to the University Medical Center for the sole purpose of getting a parking place in the lot where the building is located as opposed to parking in the garage and having to walk over in the heat or the cold.

HOWEVER,
if my wife gets up before me...  then our Siamese Cat believes that I should be up as well and literally HOWLS at the door until my wife lets him in.  Once he is in the bedroom, he is up on the bed and in my face touching me with his paw until I open my eyes.

I cannot just lay there because he continues to get in my face until I am actually out of the bed and getting dressed...  once dressed and out of the bedroom, our Siamese cat returns to his heating pad on the bed in the spare bedroom and goes back to sleep.

ONCE UP...
I make 3 cups of coffee with 2 spoons of Cappuccino Mix in each cup that I then pour into a metal YETI cup that I take with me to a recliner in the living room where I watch FOX NEWS...  I have discovered that FOX NEWS is more likely to present BOTH SIDES rather than present ONE SIDE of the story like the other stations do...   CNN, CBS, ABC, & MSNBC.

It bothers me about the LIBERAL ATTITUDE that is going on inside our political system and I fear that our country will forever change...  this fear is compounded by the fact that the rest of the countries in the world like:  China, Russia, North Korea, and the Middle East will become economically stronger and grow their militaries as well including NUCLEAR capabilities that will cause the USA to loose its TOP position in the world...   once that happens, we will gradually decline...

That decline will actually not directly bother my wife and I economically because of Social Security and the money we have saved; however, if the dollar is ever devalued, then it will take more and more of our savings to live....  even then, we are still covered...

After watching the news for about 90 minutes, I decide to have breakfast and fill my YETI cup up again with more coffee.  Breakfast varies but whatever it is, I try to keep it between 300-400 calories.  The same holds true for Lunch and Dinner and Snacks that I might eat that day.  If I can manage those calories, then my total intake is 1,600 calories each day which is PERFECT for my age and health and weight...  as long as I properly address the RDA of all areas:  Proteins, Dairy, Grain, Veges, and Fruits.

For the rest of the morning, I will write articles and post them to my blogs which includes typing up previously written poetry and posting it to a specific blog.  I have written over 42,000 poems and I want to post them on my poetry blog for anyone who wants to read them.  If not, then that's ok as well.

Then lunch and perhaps watch a couple hours of shows that I download from NETFLIX or HULU...  it could be a movie or it could be a series.  I prefer series but not all of them are well put together in the sense of acting and storylines...  and, I will not just watch something for the sake of watching.    IF there is nothing to do, I might take an afternoon nap for a couple of hours.

Since we are in the winter months, I am typically inside...  but, if we were in the summer months then I would do something outside as long as the humidity is low, otherwise I am inside.

Dinner or Supper might take place sometime between 4:00-6:00 pm depending upon whether I am hunger or bored and need something to do.  After dinner, I might work on my blogs or work on a class that I had been asked to teach...  There is typically no TELEVISION at night unless there is a special movie I want to watch...

I am in bed around 9:00 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment