Saturday, January 2

Coffee Preferences

The last time my wife and I went to Hawaii...  it was complements of DELTA AIRLINES because we gave up our seats to Las Vegas and agreed to catch a much later flight and when all was said and done, we had each received 1600 Delta Dollars or Points which just happen to cover the cost of a round trip ticket to Hawaii from Atlanta, so we decided to drive which took about 3 hours but saved us about $500 in tickets after paying gasoline and the cost to park the car.

Returning from Hawaii, we had shipped 10 pounds of KONA Coffee which has long since been used but needless to say, not only was it delicious but inexpensive when purchased at the factory wholesale.  But, if I was to rate coffees based upon my taste preference first and cost second, then I would have to say that Dunkin Donuts has my preferred taste, even though it is a blend of several coffees.

Starbucks would come in second or third followed by McDonalds and/or Hardees since both of them are very similar in taste although both have their own special blends.  After that would be just about any local restaurant coffee followed by Cruise Ship Coffee which actually isn't that bad but a bit too strong for my older taste buds.

However, any coffee is difficult to taste good since I have shifted to decaf and KONA still ranks the best in decaf as well followed by Dunkin Donuts and if there is a third place, it would go to Weigles Convenience Stores who has changed their blends and who are now very competitive with Kona and Dunkin Donuts...

For me, I don't want to taste the bitterness nor do I want to taste the sweetness in the coffee...   I want it split right down the middle...  and, I know that is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment