Saturday, January 23

The Weekend

TO A RETIRED INDIVIDUAL OR COUPLE...  the weekends are just two more days of the week, no more special or different than the other five days of the week other than specialty doctors are typically not available even though there is always a doctor ON CALL as they say.

The other issue about weekends is that the movie theaters have more people attending them as do the restaurants, and the malls or any other public place which makes it especially worrisome with our COVID pandemic lurking about in the shadows.

For my wife and I, weekends are a break from doctor's appointments and the need to get CLEANED UP and drive for 30-40 minutes into Knoxville and have to deal with the city traffic...  even though the traffic in Knoxville is not as great as the traffic in Nashville or Atlanta as we recall from our previous visits.

There are different shows on cable during the weekend as opposed to during the week and while that is somewhat appealing, cable programming leaves much to be desired outside of the news and a few cooking shows...  in fact, my wife and I spend most of our time watching ROKU and long for the day when all we have with cable is simply a WIFI hookup.

My wife and I can sleep in just as easily on the weekdays as we can on the weekends and do so often when we do not have an early doctor's appointment...  and, most of my appointments take place at the University Medical Center so I make them early in the hopes that I can get a parking place just outside the building rather than having to park in the garage and walk in the heat or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment