Sunday, July 28

Passing it Forward

 

I get a phone call from my Urologist Nursing Line every month and the call does not just pertain to how I am doing with my prostate but how I am doing in general with everything going on in my life.  This includes arranging doctors' visits with other doctors, filling prescription refills, or arranging transportation to doctor appointments if and when I need that.


I am sure that this is part of my insurance policy, but it is a nice feature and greatly appreciated at least by me.


As a result of my phone call from this nursing line, it prompted me to reach out to my brother and sister just to see how they were doing.  It was a quick email, just asking them how they were doing.


My brother responded in an hour but I have yet to hear from my sister.  In my original email, I mention that I expected no reply, I was just reaching out to be nice.


Passing it forward I think is what it is called and when you do this, speaking for myself, it makes you feel really good, as if you have done something positive in your life rather than just thinking about you.


I also thought if I shared my actions in a posting, that it might prompt others to follow my lead.


Have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment