Saturday, December 2

What??? Me Worry???

Alfred E. Neuman is the fictitious mascot and cover boy of the American humor magazine Mad. The character's distinct smiling face, parted red hair, gap-tooth smile, freckles, protruding ears, and scrawny body first emerged in U.S. iconography decades prior to his association with the magazine, appearing in late 19th-century advertisements for painless dentistry – the origin of his "What, me worry?" motto. The magazine's editor, Harvey Kurtzman, claimed the character in 1954, and he was named "Alfred E. Neuman" by Mad's second editor, Al Feldstein, in 1956. Since his debut in Mad, Neuman's likeness has appeared on the cover of all but a handful of the magazine's over 550 issues. Rarely seen in profile, Neuman has almost always been recognizable in front view, silhouette, or directly from behind.  SOURCE:  Wikipedia


UNLIKE...

most of you, I grew up buying MAD Magazine and reading it from cover to cover.  Not sure when I stopped doing this, but it probably had the same fate at Puff, the Magic Dragon.  (of course, that is before your time as well).


Thirty miles or less away from me, is a place called Buc-ee's... it is a convenience store that was just built - originating in Texas.  The store has 120 gasoline pumps...

NOW...

Do you seriously think this company would have invested money in 120 gasoline pumps if they thought gasoline powered vehicles were going to disappear???

NO...


Therefore, my next vehicle purchase and probably my last will NOT BE AN EV...  it will be a gasoline vehicle and I might, just might consider a HYBRID that does not need charging if the price of the battery replacement comes down.


If they change the law and require EV, those people owning gasoline vehicles MUST RECEIVE GRANDFATHER CLAUSES...  so, people like me will be good to go.


INFLATION does not bother me either because I have been debt free for almost 20 years...  Plus, I have saved money and planned for inflation, so I still have the resources to live just like I always have.


Part of my lifestyle is that I have a simple lifestyle and don't need to spend a lot of money to be happy.  We just downsized our home and yard to minimize our work.  We threw a ton of shit away that we did not need or were not using.  Our yard is small but almost more than we really need.


I have plenty of clothes to last for the rest of my life so nothing new there to buy.  I don't have to eat at a restaurant and I don't buy the most expensive.  


I have stopped eating red meat (stopped age 40) and when I purchased a bowl of Wendy's chili which I used to LOVE...  it tasted horrible because of all the turkey and vege burgers I have been eating.


BELIEVE IT OR NOT...  Alfred E. Newman is perfect for me once again...  What, me worry?




No comments:

Post a Comment