Thursday, June 15

The Marriage License

I have been married twice, divorced once and have children from my first marriage.  My divorce resulted in 2/3 of everything going to my ex-wife, even 10 acres of land that was in my name, paid for my me, and was mine before we got married.  Divorce left a bitter taste in my mouth for both marriage and women.  My daughter sided with my ex-wife on everything and because I got remarried (as did her mother), she had decided not to have anything to do with me for the last 6-7 years...  which is her loss as well as mine.


But, what of marriage?

What's the point of getting married, outside of some religious belief that one should not engage in sex until one gets legally married?

I don't think there is a point...


While I did get married a second time, there was absolutely no reason to get married except to give the female financial security that she did not have simply living with me.


Not that I will have another chance but if I did, I would not get married.  I would keep my own checking and savings account.  All expenses would be shared based upon one's contribution to the overall finances.


For example, if I contributed $2,000 a month and she contributed $1,000 a month and our expenses were $4,000 a month, the I would pay 2/3 and she would pay 1/3 of $4,000.  My share would be $2,640 and her share would be $1,360.


Any purchase of a house would be done the same way and when it sold, I would receive 2/3 and she would receive 1/3.  If there was a parting of the ways, then she would take her assets and I would take mine...


Marriage is overrated and more often than not, marriage is simply a financial arrangement between two people that see themselves as either partners or roommates...   NOTHING MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment