Tuesday, June 27

I love My Coffee

 I am a coffee drinker.  Not sure when I actually started drinking coffee and I don't remember drinking coffee in high school, so it must have been college.


I remember cutting class to go to the cafe across the street from the campus and have coffee with friends and talk philosophy.  Today, it would be politics but back then it was philosophy, existence, our purpose here on earth, and where did we come from?


None of those issues was ever fully resolved but we did consume a lot of coffee.  It was always regular.  I increase my coffee consumption in the military, especially when we went to sea and I volunteered for the 11pm to 7am shift in the communications shack.


I remember toasting several pieces of bread and putting peanut butter and strawberry jelly on them and taking them up to the communication shack with me, making a new pot of coffee as soon as I got there.  I was the only one on duty.


Returning to college and I slowed down on my coffee drinking as it was only in the mornings before class when I would go to Hardees or McDonalds for coffee (and free refills) for 60-90 minutes to write poetry.


After college, coffee was a prerequisite desire in order to be accepted into management.  At this point I am still drinking regular.  Around the age of 50, I cut back on my coffee drinking because I thought it my help my health and switched to decaf.


At the age of 60, I was turned on to Starbuck's Vanilla Cappuccinos, drinking them as often as I could which was not very often because of their expense.  I cannot remember if it was me or my wife that found sugar free cappuccino mix online and from the time of my first order, I was hooked.


Twelve bags last me 12 weeks and I don't really care how expensive they are because I am not stopping.  I buy McCafe coffee pods from SAMS in a box of 100 and use 12 ounces of water.  Then 3 tablespoons of my cappuccino mix and I am good to go.


My coffee drinking has gone from drinking regular coffee all day to drinking 1-2 cups of decaf coffee in the mornings.  Maybe a cup at night but there is no coffee, just 8 ounces of water and about 6 tablespoons of cappuccino mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment