Sunday, December 4

Sunday in the Valley

 East Tennessee is the place to be in December as the temperature is ideal for the most of the month...  especially, if you are a golfer...  but, if you like being outside, this area is perfect for outside activities...


I remember just a few years ago that my wife and I were putting our kayaks in at Cherokee Lake on the weekends in December and spending a couple of hours paddling around...  that was prior to 2015 when we retired...


Age 67 to Age 75 has created changes from which it is going to be difficult to rebound but within those changes, I am still able to walk over a mile each day...


Today, after my walk, I will fire up the riding lawn mower and mulch up the leaves that have blown into the back yard from our neighbor's trees...  If I don't mulch, it will kill the grass, and if I rake, then I will be on my back for several days...  the riding mower can complete the job in 30 minutes as opposed to a couple of hours or more...


Being outside on cool days allows me to maintain my health but it also allows me to defuse my mind from all the bullshit politics I listen to in .the morning news...


Storms from the south and the southwest have blown in and created rain during the early morning hours but by the time I awake at 8:30 am, the sun is out and the skies are what I used to call a Carolina Blue when I lived in NC...  but discovered 32 years ago, that my preference was East TN rather than the Piedmont of NC....


The Valley has less traffic, less polution, less crime, and less standing in lines when you want to go out to dinner.  There is no state income tax and the overall cost of living is about 12% less than most other places...  The temps are just icing on the cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment